NISUS Archives

January 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 23:03:06 +1100
>On 27/1/11 Geoffrey Heard wrote:
>
>>And we wonder what Nisus is up to!
>
>I don't doubt they're doing fabulous things even as we speak....    I'm
>told that the next version will have voice input and will even make the
>coffee if you ask it nicely :-)

Coffee poffee. If it can't make caramel sauce to have hot on ice
cream, well -- it just won't be up to snuff.

Here's the standard (from a recipe given on Australian Master Chef
which has displaced all others in our household): 250 ml pure cream
(1 cup), 50 gms butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, teaspoon of vanilla
extract. Dump in saucepan, stir while bringing j-u-u-u-s-t- to the
boil, then simmer for 7-10 minutes, stirring the while. The simmering
time is pretty optional; the longer the simmer, the thicker it tends
to get. You hope! it shouldn't boil hard at all. We're tending to do
best with this in a thin bottomed saucepan -- in a thick bottomed
one, it is a bit hard to control the boil point. (Or perhaps we're
just hamfisted. Okay, not "we", more "me". If it comes up too thin
for your liking, it still tastes delicious. But thicker, so that it
turns into soft toffee on the ice cream, is how I prefer it.
Mmmmmmmmm!)

Okay -- NWP v.2 has to at least match that. It *should* exceed it,
it's been simmering long enough!  :D

Best regards

Geoffrey Heard
The Ad-Doctor-Online