FMPRO-L Archives

August 2010, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Damon Casey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 06:21:53 +0100
Hello Bill,

It's probably being hidden and locked by a script that runs when
opening the file. Go to the File Menu and choose File Options and look
for Perform Script in the "When opening this file" section. Then go to
the Scripts menu and choose Manage Scripts or ScriptMaker (dependent
on what version of FileMaker you have) and find that script.

In the script, you're looking for a script step called Show/Hide
Status Area. You'll want to wrap it in a condition where if Get (
AccountPrivilegeSetName ) or Get ( PrivilegeSetName ), again,
depending on version, equals YourLimitedUsePrivilegeSet, Show/Hide
Status Area [Show], else Show/Hide Status Area [Lock; Hide].

Best regards,
--
Damon Casey
Automating Data Ltd.

FileMaker Certified Developer for versions 8, 9, 10 and 11.
FileMaker Business Alliance and FileMaker TechNet Member.

Registered in England no. 4840986.
Registered Address: 7 Waterstone Way, Greenhithe, Kent DA9 9TU.