UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Becky Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Becky Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2010 18:07:49 -0400
The Mascoma Chapter of NH Audubon held its final bird walk of the Spring season this morning at the Union Village Dam.  Highlights of the 53 species found:  an Indigo Bunting seen thru scope from the flagpole area; an adult Killdeer and 3 chicks by the ranger station; 2 Evening Grosbeaks in the Mystery Trail area; a Louisiana Waterthrush singing loudly and at length, but not visibly, also by the Mystery Trail; and, again, Alder FC's everywhere.

Thanks to all who shared these trips with us this season - we appreciate your companionship, enthusiasm, and birding knowledge.

The details:

Location:     VT - Union Village Dam
Observation date:     5/30/10
Notes:     L. Waterthrush singing loudly by bridge, but not visible; I. Bunting seen thry scope from flagpole; Killdeer 1 adult (mom?) and 3 chicks; good look at Pine Warbler
Number of species:     53

Mallard     1
Hooded Merganser     2
Ruffed Grouse     1