FMPRO-L Archives

May 2010, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Stephen Wonfor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2010 15:25:56 -0600
Nicholas

There is another choice - and that would be to uncheck "Perform Sub-Scripts" - don't know why you would want this but it is a possibility.  EVERY script that calls another must have "Perform Sub-Scripts" enabled in the call to it.
So, is your issue that the other scripts do fire but don't do what you want or that they do not fire at all?

I just took a look at one of more complex routines in FMP 5.5.

File "A" Script "A" calls File "A" Script "B".
File "A" Script "B" calls File "B" Script "A".
File "B" Script "A" calls File "B" Script "B" which exports text file.
File "B" Script "B" calls File "C" Script "A" which imports text file.
File "C" Script "A" calls File "C" Script "B".
File "C" Script "B" calls File "C" Script "C".
File "C" Script "C" calls File "C" Script "D" which exports text file.
File "A" Script "A" imports text file.
Done.

Other possibilities could be errant Halt Scripts or Exit Scripts.

Stephen

Demonstrating for clients is the best debugging method.