FMPRO-L Archives

May 2010, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
David McQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 06:31:56 -0400
>We need to send multiple emails to clients with multiple
>attachments. We want to use their names in the greeting in the
>message, i.e Dear Bill,
>
>We have been able to send one email with one attachment but no
>client name in the greeting or multiple attachment.
>
>Is this possible?
>
>TIA
>
>Andy

Hi Andy

I can't talk to the multiple attachments, though my gut feeling is
you need a plugin of some sort for that.

Merge fields on the other hand are not that difficult:

1. Compose your message with merge indicators of some kind eg:

<<firstname>> and <<lastname>>

2. Have the message sit in a global field during the sending process

3. Cycle through your contact  records and have a second global field
set with the message but substituting <<firstname>> for the first
name field value etc for as many merges as you have.

4. Send the email

5. Go to next contact and do it again.

HTH

Dave McQueen