FMPRO-L Archives

May 2010, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 08:29:55 +0100
Nicolas

I'm not sure what you mean by "Set up a layout so it looks like what
the File A, Script 1 from the above example would accomplish", since
layouts don't really accomplish anything. However, this hints to me
that maybe the absence or presence of a particular layout in File B
may be affecting the situation. How could that be?

The most likely scenario is that your File B, Script 5 includes a
script step that requires access to a field (on a layout) and error
capture is activated. Certain script steps do indeed need this (such
as Paste and Replace). If the field is not there, the step just
generates an error and the script will continue (if error capture is
on).

Have you verified that File B, Script 5 actually does not run when
called as a subscript? Or does it perhaps run but generate an error?
Verify this by adding Beep step(s) to the script or some other
indicator. There is a big difference between running (and failing) and
not running at all. It would be good if you could assure us one way or
the other.

Steve