UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2009, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
don mccabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
don mccabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 13:30:53 -0400
All,

The concept for a multi-use park in Norwich, called River Park,
along the CT River, adjacent to Montshire Museum and the Appalachian
Trail, is tentatively rescheduled for presentation to the Norwich
Select Board on Wednesday, May 27th, by Norman Miller and myself.
Making available to the public town-owned land that is accessible by
foot and bicycle path, canoe and kayak landing,  or by offsite
parking by using the walkway under Ledyard Bridge, is an idea
designed to make available a lovely, peaceful, scenic area for low-
impact use by hikers, bicyclists, boaters, and bird watchers, with a
gazebo for all weather use. I hope that all those who appreciate the
natural beauty of the river's edge will find out more about this
concept, ask me or Norman Miller about our proposal, or attend the
select board meeting to ask questions and offer public comment.

Don McCabe