UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2008, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Upper Valley Birders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 09:29:29 -0400
8bit
From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
The fall warbler show seems to be in full swing. A quick outing this
morning revealed 10 species, and yesterday we watched a flying-insect
feeding frenzy (both near our house). Yesterday's highlights included a
Bay-breasted and a Tennessee, with the latter spp. also here this
morning. Also 3 vireo species yesterday.

e-Bird list follows.
Spencer & Doug Hardy

SATURDAY, 30 AUGUST 2008
Norwich VT at 1,200 ft. (0845-1045 hrs.)
Weather: overcast, calm, ~70° F, humid

Number of species:     42 (highlights listed below)

Ruby-throated Hummingbird     1     Aerial feeding on insects
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker     4
Eastern Wood-Pewee     2
Least Flycatcher     2
Eastern Phoebe     4
Red-eyed Vireo    1  (afternoon)
Blue-headed Vireo     1
*PHILADELPHIA VIREO     1*     bright adult
Tree Swallow     1
Barn Swallow     4
Red-breasted Nuthatch     2
House Wren     1     New yardbird
Cedar Waxwing     10
*TENNESSEE WARBLER     1*
Nashville Warbler     4
Chestnut-sided Warbler     5
Magnolia Warbler     6     Most abundant warbler today during feeding frenzy
Black-throated Blue Warbler     3
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)     1
Black-throated Green Warbler     5
Blackburnian Warbler     4
*BAY-BREASTED WARBLER     3*     Probably first winter
Black-and-white Warbler     2     Observed chasing bay-breasted
Ovenbird     1     Hawking for flying insects
Common Yellowthroat     3
Wilson's Warbler     2
Scarlet Tanager   1  (afternoon)
Northern Cardinal     1