UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

July 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Carole Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 02:54:21 +0000
Hi Guys-
Thanks for a great concert tonight. We had our "moments" but overall I think it went quite well. Nice to see so many of you there! Always nice to have a "full" band in front of me!!  ;-) And... it was nice having "guests" play with us. Hopefully they will keep coming back!! AND PLEASE ... don't EVER feel we have too many of any particular instrument ... never too many ... the more the merrier!

Wednesday we are in Sunapee. We play at 7:00 and this is one of the concerts where we do an intermission. (just an fyi). Means we play a little longer than usual (providing there are lights on the bandstand we'll play until around 9). Hopefully the ice cream place will stay open long enough for us to have a "treat" after the concert. If the weather is questionable please watch your email. I will TRY to notify you no later than 5:00 pm if it is cancelled. Otherwise, we'll see you there.

For the remainder of the week ... Dorchester (sausages) on Saturday night ... we play at 6:00 and West Lebanon - dedication and grand opening of the Kilton Library on Sunday ... we play at 12:45 (march & swing, pop classics, march books) for about 45 minutes prior to all the speeches. Need to bring chairs for that one. More details and program for Dorchester to come towards the end of the week.

Below is the program for Wednesday night and directions to Sunapee. Thanks again for all your hard work ... see you Wednesday. Good luck to the "Mikado" crew ... we will miss you!

cb

-------------

Directions to Sunapee

Take  I-89 South to Exit 12A (George's  Mills). At bottom of the ramp take a right. Go to "T" intersection and take a right onto Rte. 11 West.. About 3 miles you'll coming to a blinking light (Mobile Station on left) ... take a left at the blinking light toward "Sunapee Harbor." Go over hill toward the harbor. Bandstand is on hill across from the harbor.

---------

Upper Valley Community Band
Concert - 7:00 PM
Ben Mere Bandstand - Sunapee, NH