UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

June 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
sagasior <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:17:42 -0400
Well, I do have to point out that the saxhorns are alive and well in the
form of modern tubas, baritones, alto horns, and cornets.

Are tuba's "cool"? take a look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHMyrhilkdo

And it doesn't take much ingenuity to press a string down at different
places to play a tune either.  But some great music can come about that way.

Steve G.