UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

June 2008

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Carole I Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carole I Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2008 21:04:27 -0400
Hi Gang-
Hope you're having a good week. Just a note about our "gig" on Saturday.

Right now I don't have an exact meeting place but will send you directions and watch for additional information once I hear from the people in Claremont.

Talked with the lady tonight and she said she would probably know where we were to meet tomorrow. In the meantime ...
The parade begins at 10:30. I've been told that it starts forming at 9:30. It'll probably take about a hour to get there from this area. Don't know how the parking will be etc. It's our first experience in Claremont so we'll just have to play it by ear.

Janice will be there with the wagon. We'll be playing out of "March Masters" ... and we're also doing a "mini" concert for 1/2 hour at the end of the parade with the "March & Swing" and "Pop Classics" books. It's at a senior residence called Marion Phillips right on Broad St. near the High School so we'll at least be handy to where we park.

Have given you a number of options for directions ... depends from where you start!!

Will e-mail  with any further info as soon as I get it.
Look forward to seeing you on Sat. - don't forget your folding chair!
cb

Directions to Claremont:

From Lebanon:
Take Rte. 120 So. to Claremont
At set of lights at the end of Rte. 120 take a left onto North St.
At next set of lights bear right.
Go across bridge and up hill [City Hall on right.]
Bear right - you're on Broad St. [park with bandstand on your left]
Stevens High School on the right at the corner of Broad & Summer St.
Look for men in orange vests. Ask where to meet.

OR ... you can come down 12-A thru Cornish and at the end of 12-A take a left and follow the
     directions below "go to 2nd set of blinking yellow  .... Etc.

From White River:
Take I-91 South to Exit 8 -Ascutney
Bottom of ramp take a left onto Rte 131
Go straight thru 2 sets of lights [Rte. 131 becomes Rtes. 103/12]
Go to 2nd set of blinking yellow lights - take a left [North St.]
    [Lambert's will be on your left.]
Go up hill to 3rd set of lights and bear right.
Go across bridge and up hill [City Hall on right.]
Bear right - you're on Broad St. [Broad St. Park with bandstand on your left]
Stevens High School on the right at the corner of Broad & Summer Sts.
Look for men in orange vests. Ask where to meet.

From Enfield/Canaan:
Take I-89 South

Take Exit 13 [Grantham] - follow Rte. 10 into Newport - then Rtes 11/103 into
     Claremont - And then follow directions below  ­  OR  ­

Take Exit 12-A [George's Mills] - get onto Rte 11 into Sunapee & Newport
    And then follow directions below  ­  OR  ­

Take Exit 12 - New London
Bottom of the ramp bear right onto Rtes. 11/103
Stay on these routes thru Sunapee & Newport and follow into Claremont
Brings you into Claremont on Washington St.
Go past K-Mart [on your left] & Wal-Mart sign [on your right]
At 2nd set of lights past Wal-Mart sign get into left lane.