UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

May 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2010 07:42:19 -0400
Good morning UVCB!

I just wanted to post an update and a clarification:

1. Update: Carole and I have fine-tuned the locations on the new
Google calendar-based UVCB Events page to lead you in most cases
within a few yards of our various performances:
http://uvcb.org/performing.html

* Click on individual event titles in the above page to see the
details of each event
* Click on the "map" to bring up the Google Map view of the location
* Click on the red "map pin" to see details, and to get directions
FROM YOUR LOCATION
* If you see a "street view" link, click to get a panoramic view of the venue!

2. Update: Yesterday I tightened the locations in the Facebook version
of our events calendar: http://bit.ly/coaWiK

* In the Facebook events list on http://bit.ly/coaWiK scroll to the
desired event
* Click on an event title to get a detailed view of the event
* Click on "View Map"
* At this point you'll see the same Google Map as above

3. Some people have confused the new UVCB Calendar page with the new
Facebook Group; they are two separate things! Our Facebook group was
added as a convenience for those UVCB members who "live" on Facebook,
and as a way to better serve our greater community, but it is an
"extra" and not a requirement!

4. A final note, which I make at the risk of provoking some of you:
the technologies used to display our new calendar, etc are visible and
usable by all standards-compliant browsers, which include *current*
versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and yes even IE. Some of you have
reported anomalous behavior with corner cases like Blackberries, etc;
my crop hasn't matured yet --- all I have is asparagus --- so I'm
relying on you to test these cases for me and report back! ;)

John