UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

May 2008

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kimo Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kimo Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2008 16:46:12 -0400
Hi everybody,

	I hope everything is going well and that you're getting ready for a
fun summer season.  I thought I'd send along some news and let you
know about a party we're having this weekend (in Enfield, not down
here in Boston :) ).

	Last weekend, Amity received her Master's in Library Science, so
she's now officially a librarian!  This degree required lots of
commuting over the last two years, but her hard work paid off.  Now
she's starting her job search and also taking time to relax.  I'm
enjoying my postdoc and getting used to city life.  While I
technically finished my Ph.D. last September, I don't actually
graduate until June 8, so Amity beat me to graduation despite starting
her program many years after me!

	Since we're both graduating this year and not going on for more
degrees (I think ...), we decided it would be fun to have a joint
graduation party.  The party will be this Sunday, May 25th, at her
parents' house in Enfield.  I see that you have a parade at noon, but
the party is more of an open house so don't worry about being late.
I've put the details below and feel free to email me to RSVP or if you
have questions.

Hope to see you there,
Kimo

Graduation Luau
for Kimo and Amity

Come join the fun as we celebrate our graduations!