UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

January 2015

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2015 10:55:50 -0500
Hi Band!

As was mentioned last night, one possible "vector" for getting the
word out about upcoming UVCB concerts and events is through the large
number of email lists (aka "listservs") supporting Upper Valley
communities. For a complete list, see
<http://lists.valley.net/lists/lists>

To join a given list, you have a couple choices:

1. On <http://lists.valley.net/lists/lists>...
* click on the list name (e.g. "[log in to unmask]")
* click on "Subscribe"
* enter the email you'll be using to receive and send

2. Alternatively, via email: send a blank message to
* e.g. to subscribe to mascoma: "[log in to unmask]"

Virtually all of the town listservs have rules restricting submissions
to people in the applicable towns, and the content should be
"relevant" to people in those towns.

NOTE: As a member of the Vital Communities Listserv Advisory Board, I
can say that one of the biggest issues we face is enforcement of these
policies. PLEASE restrict your postings to your own town...although
feel free to join any town's list you want!

Note to Sarah: You might want to prepare a short example advert text
that UVCB members can copy/paste into emails for their town lists; it
would include...

* "Dear fellow residents of <UpperValleyTown>..."
* "Please join me and my Upper Valley Community Band-mates..."

;)

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
Deputy Director, Web Science Research Center