UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

February 2014

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2014 07:02:45 -0500
This is an announcement on behalf of Margret Gilmore. See esp. the
call for a FLASHMOB ORCHESTRA!

---------

Upper Valley musicians and Our Savior Lutheran Church in Hanover, NH
are organizing a Bach Marathon of music on his 329th birthday, Monday,
March 31st. Our idea is to involve as many people as possible, whether
they are professional musicians who are willing to donate their time
and talent to playing, or amateurs.  The goal is to provide the
opportunity to the Upper Valley community to help celebrate and
perform the music of a much esteemed composer who is admired
world-wide.  It will start at 10 a.m. and go to 10 p.m.
To schedule yourself into the calendar, please go to this link:

www.bit.ly/marathon-bach
The performance times are scheduled in 10-minutes increments. If your
piece is 15 min., schedule 2 slots for yourself or your group (or more
if needed).  There is a beautiful piano in the sanctuary, courtesy of
the Upper Valley Music Center, and pianists are welcome to use that.

In addition to solos, I am also organizing the  FLASHMOB ORCHESTRA.
We will read through the Brandenburg Concerto No 1 in F major.  Parts
for this can be downloaded. Please contact me about how to do that.
The orchestra is scheduled at 7 to 7:30 p.m.

The orchestration for this is 3 oboes, 1 bassoon, 2 horns(F),
harpsichord, violin (3 parts), viola, cello & bass.  Flutists can also
play oboe parts; clarinetists also (they have to transpose the part
into B-flat). Recorder players are also welcome, if they can do the
oboe parts. Violinists are especially needed.

If you are interested in performing in the Flashmob Orchestra, please
contact me. You will need to bring your own music stand.  There is no
rehearsal. The performance is it. (sorta like life itself)

If you have any questions, please contact Margaret Gilmore [log in to unmask]

Please alert your fan club to come and support you, and all of the
other fine musicians that day who will be performing.

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
Deputy Director, Web Science Research Center