UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

June 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Carole Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2010 02:53:05 +0000
Hi All-
Hope you're having a good week and staying cool. Let's hope this weather lasts thru Sunday!!

We have two jobs this weekend.
SATURDAY
In White River for the Alumni Day Parade. We only do the parade so "March Masters" is the book of choice. The parade starts at 11:00. Best to be early as parking sometimes becomes s problem and once it gets towards parade time the Hartford police might not let you through. Don't forget a folding chair. Rain or shine unless you hear otherwise.

SUNDAY
Concert on the bandstand in Newport - begins at 6:00 pm. This is one of two concerts that does have an intermission. The program is below as well as directions. In case of rain we play in the Newport Opera House down the street.

Look forward to seeing you this weekend.
cb

-----
Directions to White River Jct.:
Go 89 to 91 North. Go to Exit 11 (WRJ-Rte. 5). At bottom of the ramp go straight.
MacDonald's will be on your right … also Mobil/bus  station … [Rte. 5 No.]
Go thru 1st set of lights … continue straight down hill .. straight thru blinking light.

Take left over bridge at next set of working lights [Bugbee Sr. Cntr. on right]
At end of bridge take a right … The new Co-op food market will be on your left.
At next set of lights go straight and then take immediate right into parking lot of
            Municipal Bldg. [if you go under underpass you've gone too far]

[We meet at the same site for the Lyman Park concert - July 21st!]
Bandstand where we play is directly in back of Municipal Bldg.

----------

Directions to Newport:

From I-89 [lots of choices]
Take Exit 13 (Grantham), or Exit 12A (George's Mills), or Exit 12 (Newport/New London)
If Exit 13 ... take a right at the bottom of ramp and follow Rte. 10 into Newport
If Exit 12A … take a right at bottom of ramp go to "T" intersection.. take a right onto
     Rt. 11 and follow into Newport
If Exit 12 … follow Rte. 11 West into Newport
From I-91
Take Exit 8 (Ascutney) Follow Rte. 103 into Claremont and then Rtes. 103/11 into Newport

Bandstand is in the middle of town. Rain site is Newport Opera House … also in the middle of town.

-----

Upper Valley Community Band
Concert - 6:00 PM
Bandstand, Newport, NH