UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

June 2008

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Carole I Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carole I Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:32:20 -0400
Hi All-
Hope you are all keeping cool with this "early summer" weather! Many thanks to all of you who came to practice this past Monday. It was warm but we did it!!  ;-)

This coming Monday is our last "official" practice of the season. From then on we're in strictly concert and/or parade mode! Hope that you can all make our final rehearsal of the year.

Saturday we are playing in Woodstock for the Alumni Day Parade. As always, we'll do the parade and then a 'mini' concert after. The parade is held ... rain or shine. AND  ...  luckily we have a top on the wagon  that keeps the sun and/or rain off our heads!!

The parade starts at 2 pm. Please plan to be there no later than 1:30 ... and, if you really want to find a place to park, even earlier!! Directions are below.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday and Monday.
cb
-------

Directions to Woodstock
I-89 No. to Exit 1 (Woodstock/Rutland)
Bottom of the ramp take a left onto Rte. 4 West
Follow into Woodstock
After the sharp corner (Maplefield Farms -convenience store on right)
Follow road towards town until it "splits"
At "split" bear left through the main street.
At far end of the park take a left as tho you're reversing direction.
Take the next right [maybe marked Rte. 106 and/or South St.]
Keeping the Woodstock Inn on your left ... there will be a church on your right.
After the church the elem. school is on the right.
Parking lot for the school is just beyond the building.
We usually park in that lot or up behind the school.