UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2012, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2012 19:53:04 -0400
Just after noon today, I found a Lark Sparrow along Bragg Hill Rd. in
Norwich VT. After getting a positive id with binoculars, I zipped
home, posted an alert, grabbed the scope and camera. I took the better
part of an hour to relocate, but it was eventually found among a flock
of chipping sparrows. The bird was seen on and off until 6:45 tonight.
At least nine people saw it, and several photographed it. Pending
acceptance, it will be the fourth state record.

The other birds in the area were enough to keep us occupied between
sightings, including a Western Palm Warbler, my first for the fall and
18th species for the day, tying my single day Vermont warbler count.

I am going to try and relocate the bird in the morning, and will post
an update if I can find it.

Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36866981@N03/7938614154/in/pool-ebird/

Ebird list, with link to a map: