UV-BIRDERS Archives

November 2010, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:50:55 -0500
Very quiet at Ledyard Bridge this morning:

Location:     Ledyard Bridge
Observation date:     11/17/10
Number of species:     6

Mallard     7
Hooded Merganser     12
Blue Jay     2
American Crow     3
Black-capped Chickadee     3
Northern Cardinal     2

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org/vt)

Check out our blog update on the Norwich 2010 Birding Quest at http://vtecostudies.blogspot.com/2010/11/norwich-2010-quest-home-stretch.html.  We're at 164 species and counting, hoping to hit 175 before year's end.

There are serious thoughts of adding Hanover to the Quest for 2011, setting up a 'friendly' rivalry in hopes of getting even more people out birding in both towns next year.  Far from an actual competition, we simply want to encourage more birding, get people out exploring locally, and foster more camaraderie within the Upper Valley birding community. Details to come, thoughts welcome.

Chris