UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2007, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Daniel H. Crook" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel H. Crook
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 11:49:06 -0500
I had the roost in my section of the count circle on 1/1/07.
It is one of the more spectacular scenes I've ever seen in the Upper Valley. Entering Centerra Park from Rte 120, bear left past the Co-op, Margharita's, and the Residence Inn. The next building on the right side is smaller with a V shaped roof. It was covered with crows, and the tall pines behind the building were equally loaded. My best guess was 2700, but it would be a riot to go there earlier with a clicker!
One adult bald eagle at Wilder dam and one 2nd year below the West Lebaon landfill (visible from 12-A). The kestrel continues on Hardy Hill Road. Haven't seen the bluebird pair since 1/1. They are probably laying eggs today!!!