UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2009, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:27:24 -0400
I was surprised to hear a White-throated Sparrow singing on my
neighborhood walk this morning.  It is early for migrants, so probably a
winter resident from the area.

I'd be curious to know whether other birders share my surprise at how
few robins seem to be back.  Despite the good numbers that overwintered
in the Upper Valley, I'm hearing and seeing very few birds back on
territories now.

Chris

Location:     Warner Meadows
Observation date:     3/30/09