UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2020, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Elaine Faletra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elaine Faletra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 14:47:33 -0500
I’ve had a steady flock of 20 to 30 goldfinches visiting my feeders here in Warren NH most of the winter.  Once the number grew to over 100!  The numbers seems to increase during adverse weather conditions.  But today is a relatively nice day and I estimate 80 were here for about an hour emptying my feeders.  They seem to prefer the hulled sunflowers seeds on hanging platform feeders.