UV-BIRDERS Archives

February 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 12:14:24 -0500
This is a reminder that between 10 AM and Noon on Saturday February
14, 2015, Mascoma Chapter of New Hampshire Audubon is holding an eagle
watch at Wilder Dam. This event is free and open to the public.
Participants can come and go as they wish at any time. One or more
leaders are to be present during the two hours. Bring binoculars and
scopes if available. The forecast is for very cold (single degree
Fahrenheit) so bundle up accordingly. From winters past, we anticipate
that eagles might not be continually in sight, so patience   is
advisable. We'll also be looking for other birds including mergansers.

Road instructions: From Exit 12 off I-91 in Wilder, Vt, turn east
toward Route 5. On reaching Route 5 (Hartford Avenue), turn left.
Continue (northward) to the fourth right, turning onto Depot Street.
Take the next left (onto Norwich Ave.), and then an immediate right
turn going over the bridge to Passumpsic Avenue. At Passumpsic Avenue
turn right toward Wilder Dam. Park in the first parking lot on the
right (entrance at a break in the guard rail) and then walk downhill
to the viewing area around the parking lot nearest the dam.
(Alternatively, drive directly to that last lot where you may park if
it has been plowed out and if parking spaces remain.)

George Clark
Norwich, VT