UV-BIRDERS Archives

June 2013, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2013 21:43:08 -0400
A belated post, but Ed Hack, George Clark and I had a good morning in
Chateauguay (Barnard) yesterday.  It's an interesting area, as close as
we get to lower elevation boreal habitat in Windsor Co. You definitely
need a 4WD, high-clearance vehicle to get in there. Highlights:

Chateauguay Ponds, Windsor, US-VT
Jun 9, 2013 6:50 AM - 8:40 AM
39 species

Olive-sided Flycatcher  1     singing along edge of a former clearcut
Alder Flycatcher  2     singing
Blue-headed Vireo  3     singing
Winter Wren  4     singing
Golden-crowned Kinglet  1
Swainson's Thrush  2     singing
Mourning Warbler  3     singing
Magnolia Warbler  3     singing
Blackburnian Warbler  3     singing
Canada Warbler  3     singing
White-throated Sparrow  3     singing
Purple Finch  3     singing

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14391024

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org/vt)

Tonight on Spring Pond Road in Norwich, a symphony of amphibians calling
in the rain: gray tree frogs, green frogs, spring peepers, and 1
American toad.

Chris