UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2013, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:53:50 -0400
On Saturday March 23, 2013, from 8:00 to 11:00 AM, a waterbird field
trip, led by Chris Rimmer and George Clark and arranged by the Mascoma
Chapter of New Hampshire Audubon and Windsor County 2013 Birding
Quest, is to meet at the Ledyard Bridge commuter parking lot in
Norwich, VT. This field trip is free and open to the public. Bring
binoculars and scopes if available. Participants may need to walk as
much as a mile over uneven but fairly level terrain.

Our primary goal will be to see some of the waterbirds moving into and
through the Connecticut River valley, but we'll also be looking for
landbirds as well. We'll meet at 8:00 AM in the Ledyard Bridge parking
lot (entrance off River Road in Norwich), look for birds in the
vicinity of nearby Foley Park, and then go northward along the river,
stopping at favorable locations. Because parking at some locations is
relatively limited, carpooling will be advantageous.

George Clark
Norwich, VT