UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2014, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2014 20:39:15 -0400
A bird walk of the Mascoma Chapter of New Hampshire Audubon originally
scheduled for this coming Saturday morning (March 22) has been
postponed to the next day in view of  precipitation now forecast for
Saturday. Details for this rescheduled bird walk follow.

On Sunday March 23, 2014, from 8 to 11 AM, Mascoma Chapter of New
Hampshire Audubon is to hold a bird walk, led by George Clark, to look
for migratory waterbirds and other birds along the Connecticut River
and nearby. Because the river remains ice covered for a considerable
distance northward from Wilder Dam, we'll head southward on the VT
side to visit open water sites where waterbirds have been seen in
recent days. This bird walk is free and open to the public. We'll meet
in the paved commuter parking lot by Route 5 in Wilder at 8 AM (Note
change in starting location) and then carpool to sites in Hartford and
north Hartland as time allows. Participants should bring binoculars
and scopes if available, and dress warmly. A total of as much as 2
miles of walking may be necessary, with as much as a quarter mile over
fairly level terrain covered with unplowed snow/ice where foot
traction devices or toothy snowshoes might be useful. Because of
limited parking in some sites, we encourage carpooling. Please note
the new location for meeting at 8 AM.

Road instructions to the meeting site: From Exit 12 off I-91 in
Wilder, within the Town of Hartford, VT, turn east on Bugbee Street.
Go east on Bugbee Street to Route 5, and turn right, going southward
on Route 5. Then take the first right (just before a gas station on
the right) and then an immediate right turn into the Wilder commuter
parking lot where we'll meet at 8 AM.

George Clark
Norwich, VT