UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2008, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 08:25:59 -0400
Very limited pre-school bus birding this morning revealed a NORTHERN
WATERTHRUSH in our yard, aggressively chasing away finches.

Visiting our equines is an apparent exotic pigeon. Both legs are banded,
as can be seen in the image linked below. I know nothing about them, but
am wondering whether there might be an owner looking for this bird? A
number on the orange band ends with ...828.
    <http://www.geo.umass.edu/climate/doug/pigeon-6522.jpg>

Doug & Spencer Hardy, Norwich

Observation date:     9/4/08
Number of species:     1