UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2012, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 18:10:12 -0500
I'm not sure anyone wants to know about this, but I've had a starling on my
bark butter/suet feeder the last couple days. I've never seen a starling in
my yard before. I wonder if that is who is responsible for the LARGE
droppings on the railing under the suet/butter?

... and while I'm here, might as well mention that "my" red bellied WP
female is still around, and has been bold enough in the last few days to
use the suet feeder too.

Is WP drumming now breeding related? Or winter territory related?