UV-BIRDERS Archives

November 2010, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Susan edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:40:28 -0500
Sunday afternoon (11/7) was a very active time around my backyard feeders,
adjacent to the Ray School in Hanover.
A pair of Fox Sparrows were scratching around the yard as well as the usual
birds we enjoy regularly.
Cardinals - 4, (3 males)
Blue Jays - 3
White-throated Sparrows - 2
White Crowned Sparrows - 2
Titmice - 2
Downy Woodpeckers - 2
Hairy Woodpeckers - 2
 White Breasted Nuthatch - 2
Red Breasted Nuthatch - 2
Mourning Dove - 1
Evening Grosbeaks - 2
Crows - 3
Chickadees - 9 plus
Juncos - 12 plus
Siskins -  15 plus
Purple Finch - 3
House Finch - 5
Goldfinch - 7
The finches were hard to count as there are so many of them with females I
could not differentiate.  Some of the little brown birds I didn't take time
to identify were probably sparrows.
Susan