UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2022, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2022 14:54:53 -0400
A Great Cormorant was in the Connecticut River much of the day today--the best looks were from River Road in Lyme (43.776, -72.201).  After beating myself up trying unsuccessfully to get a look from Rt. 5 in Thetford, I saw it from Stevens Road at the Thetford/Norwich town line flying north over the river towards the spot where it had been seen in the morning.

This is an adult bird in breeding plumage with the white cheeks and flank spots. It looks like a first county record for Orange County, Vermont and one of just a handful of sightings for Grafton County.

Thanks to Larry Morin for letting me know about it!

Larry's photos are at: https://ebird.org/checklist/S108100034

-Kyle Jones

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]