UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2007, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:55:23 -0400
There have been some great checklists lately on the list serve. If you
have not been contributing your sightings to Vermont eBird...here might
be a reason to try it out!

We've just launched an updated version of Google Maps that not only
shows you where eBird birding hotspots and your personal locations are
found on the map, but it also allows you to select these for data entry
directly from the map! With over 15,000 hotspots now in our database,
you should be able to easily find an exciting birding location near you
and efficiently contribute your data. If your local hotspots still
aren't there, you can always map them and send them on to us through our
hotspot suggestion interface. Plotting new locations on the map still
works like it used to, but the added bonus of selecting hotspots should
make data entry even easier. Read more by clicking the Google Map.

http://ebird.org/content/vins/

Thanks.
Kent

--