UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2022, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tim Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:48:50 -0500
It’s a balmy 16 out after a -22 night and Bluebirds and Cedar Waxwings are flocked together flying in and out of our crab apple trees. Meanwhile, we put our 8’ balsam Christmas tree out by our feeders and it has become the home of cardinals and juncos. We also can report lots of goldfinches, chickadees, titmice, blue jays, and crows. Also, just a few downy and hairy woodpeckers have been coming. I hope they are happy somewhere else. We have had regular visits from tree sparrows and a few purple finishes.

I wanted to extend an invitation to cross country ski the trails many of you bird in the spring. I maintain 10 K of tracked and groomed trails for all to enjoy. We often ski past a flock of snow buntings feeding on the weed seeds left in the field for them. Email me and I will send you a map. By the way you are welcome to come and walk the trails too.
Tim

Sent from my iPad

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]