UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 2015 18:25:47 -0400
A singing N. Cardinal and Carolina Wren at Kendall Station this morning
provided sure signs of winter's demise, as did a chipmunk under our
feeders on Spring Pond Road.  Three male turkeys have been visiting for
the past week, alternating sessions with the 5 females that have been
present all winter.  Our daily siskin flock has dwindled from a high of
30 birds in early February to 10-15 most days now.

Also on Kendall Station Road this morning were 60 Bohemian Waxwings
gorging on bittersweet berries.  Another 45 feasted on crab apples along
the Campbell Flats fencerow.

Anyone want to predict the first migrant Red-wing appearance?  I'll cast
an optimistic vote for Tuesday.

Chris

--
Chris Rimmer