UV-BIRDERS Archives

June 2008, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sandy Stettenheim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Stettenheim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:11:24 -0400
Below is a message from Lou-Anne Conroy regarding nighthawks in the Upper
Valley.
Her e-mail address is: [log in to unmask]
Also, please note the attachment.

Hello all birders,

I am currently spearheading Project Nighthawk efforts in downtown Hanover
this spring/summer.  I could use any help in monitoring the locations of any
nighthawks seen/heard in Lebanon and W. Lebanon as well as help in
contacting Wal-Mart building owners and other plaza building owners to see
if there is any interest in installing nest patches on the roofs.  If anyone
is interested in helping me approach these building owners over the next
several weeks, I would greatly appreciate it!

I have attached a monitoring form for anyone who sees/hears any nighthawks.
Please fill it out and send it to Becky at NH Audubon (address is on the
bottom of the form).

I would be glad to answer any questions about Project Nighthawk, the nest
patch installation process (we have 4 in downtown Hanover now but no birds
sited) and it looks like CRREL is interested in installing nest patches too.

It would be great to get several nest patches installed on 12A, since people
have let me know that they have seen several migrating nighthawks passing
through this area in late May and someone else thinks that they heard one
over Wal-Mart June 16th!!

Since nighthawks also were once abundant above Lebanon's downtown area,
above what are now the Salt Hill restaurant and 3 Tomatoes, it would be
great to also find out if building owners there would be interested.

Please contact me if you would be able to work with me on initiating Project
Nighthawk efforts in W. Lebanon and Lebanon.  Again, it would be greatly
appreciated! Nest patches can be installed any time!

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Lou-Anne Conroy
603-236-9264 (cell)