UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2012, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2012 20:17:27 -0400
It seemed that a number of the same individual birds were present at the
Coop fields today as yesterday, though more to the south around the
small pond by Racquet Club (possibly because of heavy activity at the
Farmer's Market).  Nine species of sparrows was nice.  I had a
tantalizing glimpse of what I think was a Clay-colored Sparrow, but it
was fleeting and I couldn't relocate the bird.  The 6 Chippings I
observed were at close range, so no doubt about their ID.  Still no
Orange-crowned Warbler...

Highlights among the 27 species:

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Northern Flicker  1
Eastern Phoebe  2     1 singing
Blue-headed Vireo  2
House Wren  1     seen at close range
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  1
American Robin  4
Gray Catbird  2
Nashville Warbler  1     dull-plumaged; likely same bird as yesterday
Common Yellowthroat  2
Palm Warbler  5     2 eastern, 3 western
Yellow-rumped Warbler  12
Chipping Sparrow  6
Field Sparrow  2
Savannah Sparrow  2
Song Sparrow  15
Lincoln's Sparrow  4
Swamp Sparrow  2
White-throated Sparrow  25
White-crowned Sparrow  6     1 singing briefly
Dark-eyed Junco  4
Purple Finch  1

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org/vt)

--