UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2007, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Daniel Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 16:56:20 -0700
Hello-

Yesterday morning (Sunday) the Mascoma Chapter of NH
Audubon hosted a hike to Pillsbury State Park in
search of spring migrants.  The park is not yet open
and the entrance is gated at route 31 so we followed
roads and trails out to Bear Pond and Bacon Pond.

We had some interesting sightings and saw/heard the
following:

Common Loon
Great-blue Heron (sitting on nest at Bear Pond)
Canada Geese
Mallard

Great-horned Owl (on an old heron nest at Bear Pond)

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Pileated Woodpecker
FLicker
Eastern Phoebe
Eastern Kingbird (at Bacon Pond)
Blue-headed Vireo
Blue Jay
Crows
Tree Swallows
B-capped Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
Tufted Titmouse
Winter Wren
Robin

Bay-breated Warbler (apparently injured since it was
 walking on the ground next to the trail)

Blackburnian Warbler
Black and White Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler