UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
George Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2015 16:12:21 -0400
On Sunday September 20, 2015, from 7:00 to 9:30 AM, Windsor County 2015 Birding Quest is to hold a bird walk in Norwich, VT, with leaders including Chris Rimmer, Sara Eisenhower, Ed Hack, and likely more. This walk is free and open to the public. Participants should bring binoculars and spotting scopes if available. Walking is to be over mainly level, but possibly damp, ground for distances under a mile. This walk will emphasize fall migrant birds of both water and land.

Route instructions: Meet at 7:00 AM in the River Road commuter parking lot in Norwich. [From Exit 13 off I-91 in Norwich, turn towards Hanover, NH. When going downhill approaching the Ledyard Bridge, pull into the left hand turn lane and at the traffic light just before the bridge, turn left onto Norwich’s River Road. Then take an immediate left into the unpaved parking lot.] After birding in the area of Ledyard Bridge, participants are to carpool northward for birding along and near the Connecticut River in Norwich.

Please note that this bird walk is during that weekend when I-91 Southbound in Hartford, VT, is scheduled to be entirely closed to traffic from Friday evening into Monday morning. Southward travelers on I-91 can expect a long detour between Exits 12 and 9, and those using I-89, Vermont Routes 4 and 5 could also be delayed as a result of the I-91 bridge rebuilding scheduled for that weekend.

George Clark
Norwich, VT