UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2011, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 23:16:54 -0500
Hi Pamela, I'm pretty sure it wasn' the porcuipine.. that sounds more like
a bird to me than what I heard..and not scary, BUT!!! I listened to some of
the other recordings there, one being the Saw Whet Owl screeching! While
the sound I heard went UP then down in scale instead of just UP, this is
the closest noise I have heard! High pitched, clear.. Weird!! I think that
is what it might have been, if the recordings really ARE Saw Whet owls!