UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2011, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Heather Nowlan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heather Nowlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 2011 16:09:02 -0400
Hello from Cornish  -

So happy to find this listserv! My family enjoys watching the birds
all year long and will enjoy reporting our findings and learning from
everyone else.

Today, 3/36, I saw a bald eagle soaring above the melting snow in a
vast field along 12A. He started low enough that I could see his
beautiful white head and tail clearly, then climbed higher and higher
almost out of sight.

We see these glorious birds very often throughout the summer and fall
my young children can spot them sometimes before I can! We live along
the CT river and are sometimes are treated with spotting them right
along the tree line below the field from our house. We have sat in our
backyard and watched them for long periods of time scanning the river
and field. Both mature and immature eagles have stopped in the trees
and even fields directly behind the house.

A true joy to bird along the banks of the CT!!

Cheers,
Heather Nowlan
Cornish, NH