UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2012, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 13:29:23 -0500
Does anyone who lives around Norwich know who it is that does so much
shooting in town?! I've assumed for the last months that it was some
hunting season or another, but at this point, I can only picture someone
sitting on their deck, shooting at any living thing that goes by. It seems
like every ten or 15 minutes all day long I hear a series of what maybe I'm
wrong in assuming are gunshots.  I guess I used to just shrug off random
gunshots assuming someone was target practicing or something, but it's not
limited to half an hour or an hour, it seems to go on ALL DAY.. every day..
or at least way too many days for my peace of mind.  I'm starting to
imagine that there's someone shooting at birds, and maybe that's why MY
birds are always so skittish.

Does anyone know if it's a particular PERSON or many people.. or if it's
something OTHER than gunshots I hear? A week or so ago I walked out on P5
in the daytime, and heard shots every five minutes or so, the whole hour
and a half I was out there.