UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2013, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Martin Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:22:53 -0400
I need to replace my binoculars (and fairly soon considering the imminence of some serious migratory activity).

Two questions:

  Is there a place within driving distance (a couple of hours, say) that offers a good selection of binoculars where I can actually hold and try them out?

  Any recommendations in the mid-priced market (can't afford Leica or Swarovski). A birding acquaintance speaks highly of Nikon Monarch 5's, for example.

  Feel free to reply off-list.

  Thanks,

   Marty Frank