UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2009, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jim Block <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Block <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:11:21 -0400

I joined a small group of 5 dozen plus birders for a leisurely jaunt down
the Connecticut River in NH and VT.  It was a lot easier to photograph the
birders than the ducks.  Some images from yesterday are at
http://tinyurl.com/d3ov9u   This site is a bit slow, but it has a nice
presentation slide show style.  If you get impatient you can also see the
images at http://tinyurl.com/csrjow  Click the show screen icon below the
words "25 items".

There are even some pictures of ducks, geese, and a successful kingfisher.
The fourth image in the show reveals how we found a snipe.  Since the
Barrow's Goldeneye was too far away in water with a lot of glare to get a
good look, I cheated and inserted an image of a pair of them from a
different trip.  Otherwise, all the images are from the trip yesterday.

Jim Block, Etna, NH

See Nepal exhibit at DHMC thru May