UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2010, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:22:14 -0400
  Exciting birding this morning in our corner of Norwich (corner Bragg &
Tucker Hill Roads), especially a flock which passed through between ~8
and 9 am. So many birds that we likely did not identify all, although 15
warbler species observed.

Nice looks in perfect flat lighting, particularly at the Lincoln's
Sparrow (1st 2010 for Norwich) and Palm Warblers.

Goldfinch numbers have down this week until today, so interesting to see
them again in the dozens when other species also present.

Highlights among 41 sp. seen:

American Woodcock     1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird     1
Blue-headed Vireo     3
Red-eyed Vireo     1
Brown Creeper     1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet     1

Tennessee Warbler     1
Nashville Warbler     3
Northern Parula     1
Chestnut-sided Warbler     2
Magnolia Warbler     3
Black-throated Blue Warbler     2
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)     2
Black-throated Green Warbler     8
Palm Warbler (Western)     3
Palm Warbler (Yellow)     2
Blackpoll Warbler     5  (looking large, ready for migration)
Black-and-white Warbler     2
American Redstart     4  (incl. 1 sharp, adult male)
Ovenbird     1
Common Yellowthroat     3
Canada Warbler     1 (male adult)

Lincoln's Sparrow     2
White-throated Sparrow     6  (first here for fall)
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)     5  (first here for fall)

Rose-breasted Grosbeak     2
Evening Grosbeak     1