UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2009, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
William Schults <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Schults <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:18:51 -0400
Location:     Centerra/DHMC
Observation date:     4/29/09
Notes:     Walking to work this morning, surprised a solitary Canada Goose in
the (very) little catchment pond at the eastern (lowest elevation) edge of the
Centerra property, next to Rte 120.  It's only about 20 feet by 50 feet, and
collects the runoff from the lawns and parking lots in Centerra.  I was as
surprised as the goose.  Thought it would take off (I was only 20-30 feet
away), but it just paddled down to the far end and ignored me. Also heard (but
didn't see) the Yellow-rumped and RW blackbird as I walked up the hill to the
Novell Building, which is in the back, behind and above the Coop building.
Number of species:     4

Canada Goose     1
American Robin     1
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)     1