UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2011, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 17:09:06 -0400
After reading about all the great birds being seen on the Connecticut, I had
to do some birding. We checked Ledyard and the Wilder Dam boat launch.
In addition to the wilder highlights below, we saw our first of the year
Northern Harrier migrating north by Ledyard.

Highlights from wilder below. 10 species of waterfowl, including all three
mergansers. Most numbers are conservative counts.

Wilder Dam, Windsor, US-VT
Apr 6, 2011 1:05 PM - 1:50 PM
19 species

Canada Goose  3