UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2011, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2011 21:08:57 -0500
Birders on both sides of the river are encouraged to participate in the
2011 Vermont County Birding Quest
http://vtecostudies.blogspot.com/2011/01/vermont-county-birding-quest-takes.html.
Following 2010's successful and fun Norwich 2010 Birding Quest, the 3
adjoining counties of Windsor, Orange and Washington are engaging in a
friendly (but serious!) competition for the highest species total.  We
believe 200 species is entirely within reach in any one of these
counties, and each is off to a good start, though it will hard to top
Washington County's Northern Hawk Owl...

As we did for the Norwich Quest in 2010, we plan to offer monthly
birding excursions to Windsor Co. hotspots, and there may well be some
to Orange County as well.  Our birding colleagues at North Branch Nature
Center are spearheading the Washington County Quest, so stay tuned to
their web site http://www.northbranchnaturecenter.org/waco/.  We'll
announce the local County Quest excursion for January soon.

Get out there, find some birds, and enter them all on Vermont eBird
http://ebird.org/content/vt!

Chris