UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2016, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
George Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2016 09:23:38 -0400
This is a reminder that Windsor County 2016 Birding Quest is holding a bird walk from 8:00 to 10:30 AM on Saturday March 26, 2016, at Lake Runnemede in Windsor, VT. This walk is free and open to the public. Bring binoculars and scopes if available. Be prepared to walk as much as a mile over fairly level terrain. Leaders are to include Chris Rimmer,  Sara Eisenhauer, Ed Hack, and George Clark.. We’ll be looking for all kinds of birds but especially spring migrants.

Road instructions: From Exit 9 off I-91, turn south on Route 5 towards Windsor. After going about 3 miles southward on Route 5, look for a greenish-colored store on the left, with a Price Chopper supermarket just beyond, also on the left. This walk will begin at 8:00 AM by the entrance to a long driveway directly across Route 5 from the greenish-colored store. Please do not drive into that driveway, vehicular use of which is reserved for local residents. Parking is available along Route 5, but be sure your site is legal.

Carpoolers from towns around the Hanover/Norwich area are to leave from the parking lot off River Road in Norwich by the Ledyard Bridge at 7:30 AM. (To reach the Ledyard Bridge lot from Exit 13 off I-91 in Norwich, turn towards Hanover. On approaching the Ledyard Bridge pull into the left turn lane, turn left at the traffic light onto River Road, and then take an immediate left into the unpaved parking lot.) We’ll aim to return to Norwich by 11:00 AM.

George Clark
Norwich, VT

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]