UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2009, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:56:20 -0500
Saw probably the same bird as Linda (imm. Bald Eagle).  standing in the
grass at the rt 89 exit ramp going towards W.Leb. from 91S. Couldn't stop
for a better look. No Crows.  This was Tues. Jan. 6 around 1:30 PM.

P.S. Three turkeys wandered through my property also yesterday-11:30 or so.
Today  I have at least 3 red-breasted Nuthatches, 3-4 Titmice, chickadees, 2
purple finches (m+F), 12-15 goldfinches, 15-20 Pine Siskins, 2 Hairy W.P
(m+F) 2 Downy w.p. (m+f), white-breasted Nuthatch- (probably at least 2),
Eve. Grosbeak- 1 male, 3-4 blue jays, 7 mourning doves. I have 3 feeders
widely scattered so it's hard to get a count all at once.

Just a note:  about 3 weeks ago, saw THREE Brown Creepers all close by each
other up in my woods.  Wish I'd thought to make an official report at the
time, but it's worth knowing anyway, perhaps. I often see one near feeders,
but never 3.

Cindy Crawford
Norwich

> Date:    Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:04:58 -0500
> From:    "Linda D. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Eagle at BJ's in W Leb
>
> There was an immature bald eagle (1st yr) perched in trees along =
> the river behind BJ's on Sat morning. It was kept company by =
> hundreds of crows.
>
> Linda D. Thompson RN BSN CNOR
> Clinical Coordinator- General Surg, Transplant, Weekend Staffing =
> Team
> Perioperative Services
> Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
> Lebanon, NH 03756
> Office 603-650-7550=20
> Fax - 603-650-0554

> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:50:37 -0500
> From:    "David A. Merker" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: wilder dam
>
> 1 adult eagle this past hour.
> 4 mergs
>
> David Merker
> Human Resources
> Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
> 603-653-0435

> End of UV-BIRDERS Digest - 2 Jan 2009 to 6 Jan 2009 (#2009-3)

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships