UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2007, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 12:36:38 -0400
...I managed to find a bunch of warblers. On my usual walk along the
rail trail and the adjacent Potato Rd. I found a total of 34 species, 13
of them warblers. The warblers included: Yellow Warbler, Chestnut-sided,
Magnolia Black-throated Green, Blackburnian, Bay-breasted, Black and
white, Am. Redstart, Ovenbird, No. Waterthrush, La. Waterthrush, C.
Yellowthroat, and Canada Warbler. The Blackburnian and Bay-breasted were
both new additions to my railtrail list.

At Canaan St. Lake, there was a pair of Greater Scaup, several Loons (at
least three), and a female Common Merganser. Along the Clark Pond Rd. I
found a Nashville Warbler, a female Cape May Warbler, and a
Black-throated Blue Warbler. I didn't find large numbers of any of the
above species and a number of species were conspicuously absent. I
didn't see or hear any thrushes other than Robins, and the only
flycatchers found were Least and E. Phoebe.

John Granton
Canaan