UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2009, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:44:31 -0400
As Dorothy and Toto said....

Our family took the school break, adventure to the DC area...  made it to
Gettysburg and Hershey en route home.

Some good stuff in the capital.... alas... we came home west of the city...
and wow !   The US is now growing houses.

I hadn't realized that the nations cash cow is housing. One developer is
even widening the road to accomodate the houses.

What I am talking here is thousands of houses and condos.... thousands !
Mile after mile of developed farmland... recently open land and conceivably
productive flat lands !  Just baffling !   And there will be more .  Where
will all the wildlife go ?  How will our beloved birds migrate ?  What will
our kids inherit.

Rather depressing what we are doing to our landscape... I do appreciate our
region, it is a bird refuge.

At home:

1 Chestnut s Warbler

House Wrens